Virginia Beach, VA – February 28, 2018 – Leesa Sleep, the leading direct-to-consumer online luxury mattress retailer, today announced the launch of its customizable Hybrid Pillow, complete with reversible and adjustable layers gives consumers the personalized comfort they need for their sleeping preferences. The release of the pillow continues Leesa’s growing sleep portfolio, following the recent launch of new sheets, a foundation and bed frame.
The pillow includes several adjustable layers to accommodate side, stomach and back sleepers as well as preferences that may vary through different seasons and life cycles. These layers, include a down-like quilted pocket layer, a ventilated gel comfort layer and cool-to-the-touch fabric surrounding the layers. A pillow insert is nestled between the quilted pocket layer and comfort layer and can be removed with a simple zip to change support level. The removable insert also serves as a travel pillow for customers who want to take the comfort of Leesa with them on their journeys. With fibers that offer a restorative calming and cooling nature, the soothing design also features one side of the pillow that naturally feels cooler to the touch.
The launch of these products comes after a breakout year for Leesa, which included a $23M round of Series B funding, an exclusive west elm retail partnership and inclusion in Forbes’ list of Next Billion Dollar Startups. Leesa is excited to continue its momentum and use the recent round of funding on new products, including this revolutionary customizable pillow as well as its new sheets, foundation and bedframe.
“We achieved what we intended to with this pillow by creating a product with superior design that offers customers the flexibility they need to get a good night’s sleep,” said Jamie Diamonstein, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer at Leesa and 30-year mattress industry veteran. “There are many pillows on the market right now, but none that offer this level of customizability.”
As a certified B Corp, Leesa measures its impact on the world just as heavily as it does its financial success. In the midst of impressive business growth, Leesa’s social impact program has remained core to the company. Through Leesa’s One-Ten Program, wherein they donate one mattress for every ten sold, the company has donated more than 24,000 mattresses to nonprofits that serve people seeking refuge from homelessness, domestic risk and human trafficking. This pillow will be a great addition to the company’s One-Ten program. Similar to the mattresses, one pillow will be donated for every ten sold.
“We are excited to launch the latest in our line of innovative products designed to help people sleep better.” said David Wolfe, Co-Founder and CEO of Leesa. “We are just as excited to be including pillows into our One-Ten program. From our start, we’ve been donating one mattress for every ten we sell and now we will be donating pillows too.”
Pillow Product Information:
- Includes reversible and adjustable layers – a down-like quilted pocket side, and a ventilated gel comfort layer – to accommodate different preferences and kinds of sleepers; a removable pillow insert is also included to change support level
- Uses cool-to-the-touch fibers that offer a restorative calming and cooling nature; one side of the pillow also naturally feels cooler to the touch due to a ventilated gel comfort layer
- Stylish cover has one smooth memory foam side and one quilted pocket side
- The down-like quilted pockets maintain their fluffy shape and support, and don’t clump the way down pillows typically do
- With the removability of layers, the pillow is easy to wash and durable
- Retail value: $125 for Standard size, $135 for Queen size
- Included in Leesa’s One-Ten Program, one pillow will be donated for every ten sold
- The Leesa pillow is available on Leesa and West Elm’s websites.